Baby wipes are an essential part of every single diaper change. Because baby typically goes through about 320 diapers a month, and wipes have proven to be useful on other baby messes, it can seem like a good idea to wipe out your local store’s diaper inventory. Hold that thought though! There are many things to consider before purchasing any baby wipes. Is the price fair for the number of wipes? How will this package of wipes treat my baby’s skin? Remember, these wipes will clean the most sensitive part of your baby, so you will want to make sure you’re using the best baby wipes possible.
Recent studies have shown that baby wipes that leave their cleansing product on baby’s skin are a part of rising allergy levels in kids. With so many chemicals, fragrances and preservatives, wipes actually can be hard on a baby’s skin. So, how do you find the best baby wipes? How do you find the best baby wipes to protect and soothe your precious one’s skin?
Baby wipes come in dozens of brands and styles. You’ll find different scents, no scent at all, extra thick, all-natural, refill packs, flip-top packs, and more. You can even make your own. Any wipes will do the job eventually, but some are better, faster, and take fewer wipes to do it.
We know that preparing for a baby can be overwhelming. There are many choices to make and options to consider, and most of these decisions have to be made before a baby is even born. So we have done the research and compiled a list of the Top 10 Best Baby Wipes to take the guesswork out of this decision for you.
How We Reviewed the Best Baby Wipes
To bring our readers a truly impartial and comprehensive list of the best baby wipes we devoted significant time and effort to researching current brands and types of wipes. These baby wipes were chosen based on features, pros, and cons, as well as scent options, flushable or not, and if they are biodegradable.
Overall Price Range of the Best Baby Wipes
While baby wipes typically range from about $2 to $8, prices fluctuate. Typically higher-priced baby wipes are made of better material, more natural ingredients, and offer better quality overall. However, even less expensive baby wipes may have few ingredients and the option for no scent. The price of baby wipes is not always a sign of their value. The best baby wipes are not always the ones that cost the most.
What We Reviewed
- WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Wipes
- The Honest Company Designer Baby Wipes
- Seventh Generation Baby Wipes
- Babyganics Face, Hand & Baby Wipes
- Joonya, Baby Wipes
- bloom BABY Hypoallergenic Baby Wipes
- HUGGIES One & Done Scented Baby Wipes
- Pampers Sensitive Water-Based Baby Diaper Wipes
- Baby Dove Wipes
- Bum Boosa Bamboo Baby Wipes
Top 10 Best Baby Wipes Reviews
1. WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Wipes
- Simply 2 ingredients: Our fragrance-free baby wipes contain 99.9% purified water with a drop of fruit extract. Suitable…
- Ideal for sensitive skin: WaterWipes unscented baby wipes are gentle enough for premature, infant, and newborn skin
- Simple & clean: Hypoallergenic and contain no parabens or sulphates
Water wipes are known as the purest wipes on Earth. Made from 99.9 percent purified, softened water and 0.01 percent grapeseed extract, these wipes are perfect for newborns to older children. Since they have no preservatives, they must be used within a month of purchase. Fragrance-free and alcohol-free, these wipes are still soft and absorbent. These wipes are safe to use anywhere on baby (or mama).
- Made from 99.9% water
- No fragrance or alcohol
- Gentle enough for newborns
- Must be used quickly
- Can mold
Not currently, but plans are for them to be biodegradable by 2025.
2. The Honest Company Designer Baby Wipes
- HONESTLY CLEAN: Honest Wipes provide the convenience of a disposable cloth baby wipe in a hypoallergenic and plant-based…
- PURE & GENTLE: These hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested wipes contain more than 99% water, making them gentle enough…
- MADE WITHOUT: Alcohol, Parabens, Chlorine Processing or Fragrances.
The Honest Company wipes boast no alcohol, chlorine processing, phthalates, parabens, or any other potentially harmful chemical. Honest Wipes are one of the most versatile when it comes to functionality, too — they’re large, durable, and moist enough to clean even the biggest messes.
- No harmful chemicals
- Large and durable
- Safe for use anywhere on baby or mom
- Can only be found at select retailers
Yes, The Honest Company wipes are completely biodegradable.
3. Seventh Generation Baby Wipes
- Made for your baby’s sensitive skin
- As gentle as water
- Thick and soft wipe for a gentle clean that is safe for baby, hands, and face
Great for sensitive skin, these wipes are thick, soft wipes that offer a safe and gentle cleaning for the baby’s bottom, hands, and face. They’ve been dermatologist tested and are hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, and don’t contain any alcohol or parabens.
- No fragrance
- Thick and soft
- Can feel course
- Have been known to crumble
- Often hard to remove with a single wipe
No, these are not biodegradable.
4. Babyganics Face, Hand & Baby Wipes
- For use from top to bottoms
- Formulated without: parabens, sulfates, phthalates, artificial dyes or fragrances
- Formulated with plant derived ingredients
These wipes are not only soft and gentle but also nourish and hydrate the baby’s skin. Created with an exclusive seed oil blend containing a mix of tomato, sunflower, cranberry, black cumin, and red raspberry, the wipes help support healthy skin development and deliver antioxidant protection. Pediatrician- and dermatologist-tested.
- Soft and hydrating
- A shelf life of 36 months
- No alcohol
- Can seem too moist
- Somewhat thin
- Small in size, so big messes may take multiple wipes
Information not available.
5. Joonya Baby Wipes
This is an Australian startup brand that is relatively new. Joya launched on the premise it’s possible to create a natural, eco-friendly, and affordable wipe. These skin-safe, nontoxic wipes come in stylish packages and are infused with tons of nourishing oils and all-natural ingredients. They’re also biodegradable, which is a huge environmental win. They even offer a commitment-free membership option so you never have to run out.
- Cute packaging
- Nourishing oils
- Membership option for convenience
- Price fluctuates more than average
6. Bloom BABY Hypoallergenic Baby Wipes
- AS UNIQUE AS YOUR BABY’S SKIN: Our wipes are formulated with plant-based EcoFiber in 100% hydro-pure water. They are…
- FRAGRANCE-FREE: Many of the baby wipes on the market today can contain even mild fragrance chemicals that harm your…
- TEXTURED & THICK: Are you sick of having to use multiple wipes to fully clean the diaper area, especially because they…
Made from 100 percent pure water and a plant-based formula perfect for sensitive skin, these jumbo wipes are safe, effective, and soothing. They’re even gentle on eczema. This wipe’s uniquely textured surface and extra-large size mean you’ll only need one to clean up even the biggest of blowouts. They are USDA certified bio-based, hypoallergenic, and are free of the most common allergens.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Mild stinging if used on the face
- Hard to remove from package
- Unintentional scent
Yes, they are biodegradable.
7. HUGGIES One & Done Scented Baby Wipes
- Our unscented, alcohol free baby wipes are soft and gentle, perfect for babies, toddlers and kids with sensitive skin….
- Hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested, HUGGIES Simply Clean Baby Wipes come in easy to carry soft packs that are…
- Perfect for sensitive skin, our Simply Clean Baby Wipes keep you and your baby happy with the simple, gentle cleaning…
These cucumber and green-tea scented options from Huggies are known for their thickness and durability. Plus, their newly tweaked container helps you avoid accidentally yanking out more one at a time. They are unscented, alcohol-free, and hypoallergenic. Dermatologist-tested, they are proven to be safe for sensitive skin. They also come with fun characters on them.
- Scent-free options
- The new dispersing method can be difficult to use
- Customers have stated they tear under mild use
- They can be very soapy
Information is not available.
8. Pampers Sensitive Water-Based Baby Diaper Wipes
- #1 Choice of U.S. Hospitals based on hospital sales data
- Our exclusive one-wipe dispensing pop-top prevents unwanted wipes from coming out of the pack
- pH balancing formula helps protect sensitive skin
Pampers wipes are dermatologist-tested, perfume-free, hypoallergenic, and help restore the skin’s natural pH. Twenty percent thicker than regular Pampers wipes, they’re also heavy lifters. Clinically proven to be mild, they are also hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested. They are the number one brand selected by hospitals. Their unique Softgrip Texture offers gentle cleaning for your baby’s sensitive skin.
- Clinically proven mild
- Are sometimes dried out
Information was not available.
9. Baby Dove Wipes
- Hypoallergenic, alcohol free. Provides instant moisturization, leaving your baby’s skin soft.
- Our most caring and safety-tested formula is dermatologist and pediatrician tested
- Mild, non-irritating formula, our wipes are as gentle as water
Baby Dove Wipes are hypoallergenic baby wipes made for the hands and face, but they pull double-duty since they can be used for newborns. Alcohol-free, fragrance-free and highly moisturizing, these wipes earned a 2022 National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance. Ideal for on-the-go use, these baby wipes come in a handy re-sealable pack that slips easily into a diaper bag. The package dispenses individual wipes with an easy pull, and it seals shut to keep the baby wipes moist and fresh.
- Gentle on all skin
- Can be used on the whole body
- Not flushable
- The resealable package doesn’t stay closed after a time
Information was not available.
10. Bum Boosa Bamboo Baby Wipes
- BumBoosa Baby Wipes are made with 100% viscose from bamboo and contain nourishing plant-based ingredients.
- Organic Aloe Vera, Calendula extract, Chamomile extract, and pure grade essential oils come together to lend their…
- No alcohol, paraben, phthalate and sulfate.
These grass-based wipes are an eco-friendly way to care for a baby’s super sensitive skin. They contain nourishing ingredients such as calendula, chamomile, and aloe vera, as well as lavender and sweet orange essential oils that give the wipes a great natural fragrance. Since they’re made of bamboo, they’re stretchier than other wipes, making it easier to get more mileage out of each wipe.
- Natural fragrance
- Thicker than normal wipes
- A little dry
- Difficult to get out of the package
Information was not available.
Baby Wipes FAQ
Below are a few questions often asked about baby wipes and the answers to these questions.
1. What Are Baby Wipes?
2. How Do Baby Wipes Work?
3. Where Can You Buy Baby Wipes?
There are many factors to consider when choosing the best baby wipes for your little one. Price, quality, and quantity are just a few. You should also check out ingredients and how readily available they are for you to purchase when needed. Based upon all of our research we believe that choosing The Honest Company will bring you the best baby wipes for your little one.
Not only are The Honest Company’s wipes all-natural, free of harmful chemicals, and fairly priced, but they offer a monthly auto subscription program that includes their diapers so that you’re never caught without an ample supply. Each month you can have both your diapers and wipes delivered on a schedule that fits your needs. Should you find yourself overstocked, The Honest Company allows you to skip deliveries and restart when you’re ready.
Wipes from the Honest Company are durable, large, and don’t contain any fragrances. One baby wipe goes a long way in cleaning the most sensitive areas of your baby’s body. The Honest Company is well worth the price you pay and are available online and in retail stores.