Even if you’re planning to breastfeed your baby, it may be impractical to have him or her at your breast all the time. Whether you’re returning to work after your baby is born, or want to include other loved ones in the feeding process, teaching your baby to drink from a bottle is a worthwhile task.
While every baby has different preferences when it comes to bottles, there are several bottles on the market today specifically designed for babies used to breastfeeding. Below you’ll find the top ten best bottles for breastfed babies. Plus, at the end of our article, there’s a brief buyer’s guide to making choosing a bottle easy for you.
- BREASTFEEDING BOTTLE: Baby instinctively connects to the bottle's familiar shape, while 2x faster warming satisfies...
- NUTRIENTS PROTECTION: A breastmilk storage bottle that cools 2xs faster to reduce bacterial growth. Even warming...
- ALL-IN-ONE FEEDING BOTTLE: The included breast pump adaptor means you can conveniently pump directly into your bottle,...
If you’re unfamiliar with these innovative bottles from Nanobebe, they’ll probably look strange at first. However, for moms looking to integrate a few bottle feedings in their baby’s daily routine, these bottles are an excellent choice. Every part of these bottles is designed to optimize the process of giving your baby breastmilk in a bottle.
These bottles feature a unique shape that will preserve the nutrients found in breastmilk more effectively than other bottles. Plus, the concave bottom is natural for babies to hold as they begin to gain independence. As a bonus, these bottles are stackable to take up less room in your fridge or pantry.
Nursing mothers enjoy that you can pump directly into these bottles. And, all caregivers love that these bottles are designed to heat breast milk evenly. Plus, the nipples for these bottles help to reduce symptoms of colic. Unfortunately, replacement parts can be challenging to find, and these bottles only hold a small volume.
For the innovative design features and the intense focus on breastfeeding mothers, we give this bottle five stars.
- Naturally shaped, soft, silicone nipples Ideal for breastfed babies
- Wide neck design for easy cleaning
- Safe in microwave, boiling water, dishwashers and sterilizers, Innovative and non leaking anti colic vents, Squeezable,...
If you’ve already tried several types of bottles with your breastfed baby, give this feeding system from Comotomo a chance. This company focuses on crafting bottles that reduce rejection and closely mimic the feel of your baby’s natural latch. Plus, these bottles are made of hypoallergenic silicone.
One unique feature of this bottle is its flexible body. Any breastfeeding mother knows, babies love to latch on with their hands as much as their mouths. These bottles are soft and attempt to replicate the feel of mom’s breast. This flexible design also makes the bottles easy to clean.
Unlike some specialty bottles, these breastfeeding bottles come in multiple sizes with different nipple flows so they can “grow” with your baby. Parents love that these bottles are leak resistant and heat safe. Plus, babies seem to like them. We give them five stars.
- Baby bottle designed to reduce colic symptoms for less gas, spit up and discomfort
- Award-winning breast-like nipple for natural latch
- Unique anti-colic venting system draws air away from milk
Unlike some of the bottles on this list, Tommee Tippee bottles and replacement parts are easily accessible at most supermarkets and baby related stores. These bottles are great for breastfed babies because the nipple features a realistic design. Tommee Tippee offers a variety of flow rates to accommodate newborns and older babies alike.
Customers like that these bottles are comfortable to hold and easy to clean. Additionally, the nipples feature an anti-colic valve to keep your baby full and happy. Unfortunately, some customers report that these bottles leak easily and break often. Still, many babies love the feeling of the soft nipples provided by this company.
Reviews for these bottles are overwhelmingly positive, and these breastfeeding friendly bottles are more accessible than some other brands. They get a solid 4.9 stars from us.
- CLOSER TO NATURAL BREASTFEEDING - Designed to be most like mom, the Naturalatch silicone nipple encourages proper...
- ANTI-COLIC FEEDING - Soft, disposable liner contracts while baby feeds to mimic breastfeeding. This prevents air from...
- PRE-STERILIZED FOR CLEANLINESS - Pre-sterilized liners guarantee your bottle is clean* and minimize clean-up time. They...
This bottle system by Playtex is an excellent choice for babies experiencing the symptoms of colic. Unlike bottle systems that use different vents to reduce the amount of air your baby swallows, these use a collapsible drop in liner. As your baby drinks his or her milk, the liner shrinks down to prevent air swallowing.
Many parents are concerned about the additional waste that these bottles create, but it’s worth noting that the disposable liners are recyclable. Also, when it comes to reducing colic, these bottles can’t be beaten. Plus, these bottles are clinically proven to mimic the natural ebb and flow of breastfeeding.
Customer reviews for this product are overwhelmingly positive. However, some customers don’t like the additional cost of buying liners. Plus, some users note that this system is messy when compared to other bottles. All in all, these are an excellent fit for some, and many babies thrive with this system. We give it 4.8 stars.
- REDUCES NIPPLE CONFUSION: The NaturalWave Nipple is clinically proven to reduce nipple confusion. It enables baby to use...
- ANTI-COLIC DESIGN: Lansinoh breastfeeding bottles feature a unique air venting system that reduces baby's intake of gas,...
- DESIGNED FOR BREASTFED BABIES: The NaturalWave nipple is based on 50+ years of breastfeeding research. It's made of...
As with many breastfeeding friendly bottles, Lansinoh puts an intense focus on nipple design. Unlike other bottles and nipples, the NaturalWave nipple used with these bottles is clinically proven to reduce nipple confusion. This facet makes these bottles an excellent choice for mothers who must return to work quickly after birth.
In addition to their unique nipple design, these bottles encourage the same sucking pattern that babies use to breastfeed. Many parents report that these bottles help to reduce bottle rejection and keep baby both full and happy. Plus, many mothers like that a breastfeeding mom started this company.
Lansinoh is well-known for providing a wide range of breastfeeding-related products. Plus, these bottles (and their replacement parts) are easy to find at supermarkets. Unfortunately, some parents note that the plastic rings that hold the nipple on the bottle break easily. Overall these bottles get 4.8 stars from us.
- GREAT FOR BREASTFEEDING MOMS: SkinSoft nipple mimics breastfeeding, making the MAM Anti-Colic Bottle the best bottle for...
- REDUCES COLIC, GAS AND REFLUX: Advanced anti colic venting system creates a vacuum effect to eliminate bubbles that...
- EASY TO CLEAN: Wide openings on top and bottom for easy, total cleaning and maximum airflow for drying. Other baby...
MAM bottles are readily available in many supermarkets and department stores and feature a design that babies love. In fact, these bottles have an impressive 94 percent acceptance rate. The nipples on these bottles are smaller than many familiar brands on the market today and use a SkinSoft textured material that many babies love.
Parents and caregivers enjoy that these bottles are widely available and buying replacement parts are hassle-free. Additionally, this brand offers an extensive collection of drinking tools designed to help your baby transition from bottle to cup with ease. As a bonus, these bottles are an excellent way to reduce the symptoms of colic.
In contrast to the numerous positive reviews that these bottles have, some customers don’t like these bottles. The most notable complaint states that they leak easily and develop an odd smell over time. However, these comments are incredibly sparse. We like these bottles and parents do too. They get 4.8 stars from us.
- Ultra-premium ppsu material will not absorb odor or color and stands up to repeated sterilization
- The 1-piece clean flow vent is easy to clean, it prevents leaks, reduces colic and provides a consistent liquid flow
- Unique nipple design prevents nipple collapse, promotes proper latching and allows for easy breast-to-bottle and...
As the name suggests, the Joovy Boob bottles are made for babies that love to breastfeed. The nipple is both broad and deep and encourages a natural feeling for babies to latch onto. This company uses an extra-soft silicone that is textured to simulate the way that a mother’s nipple feels in a baby’s mouth. Plus, it has advanced bottle venting to prevent nipple collapse.
Unlike some bottles, this one is available in both plastic and glass. Many customers love this bottle overall, but it is worth noting that its specialty parts are trying to find. Also, some users experience trouble with leaking.
If you are looking for an easy to use bottle system, this one is an excellent choice. However, if you want the added convenience of widely available parts, you should look elsewhere. Either way, this bottle is an excellent choice for many, and we give it 4.7 stars.
- Four NUK Simply Natural bottles with gender specific subtle colors and premium designs: two 5 oz. bottles with slow flow...
- Provides baby with a close-to-mom feel never before found from a bottle
- Includes two additional fast flow nipples with 9 nipple holes to match baby's feeding needs
For caregivers dealing with rejection trouble, these bottles from NUK Simply Nautral Baby Bottleare an excellent choice. Unlike other bottles, the nipples on these unique looking bottles both feel and look natural. Instead of the traditional nipple ring apparatus that most bottles use, this product has a bulbous top that closely resembles a breast.
A team of doctors and lactation consultants worked together to design these breastfeeding centric bottles. They promise to help reduce bottle rejection, minimize colic, and foster an interchangeable breast to bottle relationship.
Customer reviews for these bottles are mostly positive. However, some customers are unhappy with the expensive price tag that accompanies these bottles. Additionally, many users note that this product leaks easily. But, for some families, this bottle is the only one that works. We give it 4.6 stars.
- Designed for easy transition between breast and bottle
- Wide base and soft, flexible nipple mimics mother's breast
- Ergonomically shaped bottle is easy to hold, the wider mouth is convenient to fill and clean
These bottles from Chicco look a little lopsided at first glance but don’t let that deter you. According to a 2016 study of newborn babies, 96 percent of babies accept this bottle without any rejection issues. This bottle features a wide mouth opening and comes with a rounded breast-shaped nipple.
The Chicco NaturalFit bottle features an angular design that helps to reduce colic and regulate milk flow. Additionally, this brand has several sizes of the bottle and nipple flows available, so if your baby loves this bottle, it can grow along with him or her.
For the most part, parents and caregivers love this bottle. It is relatively affordable and widely accepted. However, some customers note issues with leaking and collapsing nipples. On the bright side, customer service is responsive and helpful. We give these bottles 4.6 stars.
- Ideal starter set for a new Mom with multiple glass bottles, replacement nipples and cleaning accessories
- Contains 6 glass natural bottles that are a breeze to feed and clean
- Easiest to clean with only two parts and an ultra wide mouth
If you’re looking for the most straightforward baby bottle that’s made out of glass, look no further. This system uses a unique nipple with an attached collar meaning it only has two parts to clean. Also, the bottle features high-quality borosilicate glass and a breast shaped nipple.
Many parents enjoy these high-quality bottles, but some dislike the price tag that comes with them. Additionally, glass bottles make it difficult to heat breast milk precisely. But, when it comes to latching many babies love these bottles and parents love how easy they are to care for. We give them 4.6 stars.
When looking for the best bottles for breastfed babies, there are a few considerations to make. You’ll need a bottle that mimics the flow of your breastmilk and a nipple that is comfortable for your baby. It’s also vital that the bottle you choose minimizes the amount of air your baby swallows.
It’s likely that you’ll need to try multiple different bottles before you find one that works best for you and your baby. Below you’ll find a few tips for finding an excellent bottle and introducing it successfully.
- Choose a bottle that’s easy to use and clean.
- Start out with a slow flow nipple.
- Establish your milk supply before introducing a bottle.
- Consider your budget and how many bottles you need.
- Let someone else introduce the bottle.
- Choose a bottle designed to minimize gas.
- Be flexible and recognize that introducing a bottle is a process that takes time.
Once you know what to look for in a bottle, pick one and try it out. Remember, lactation consultants recommend waiting three to four weeks before introducing anything other than your breast. This step helps to establish your milk supply and may also help regulate your hormones.
Don’t be discouraged if your baby doesn’t fall in love with the first bottle you try. Rotate through the options we listed above, and remember, there are even more options if those don’t work. Be patient and respect your baby and yourself. And if you have any questions or concerns, just bring them up with your baby’s doctor.