A toddler bike is an excellent option when your child is not yet ready for a bike with training wheels. Our list of recommended products features bikes that are the proper size and safe for young children to use.
How We Reviewed
To find the best toddler-sized bikes available, we searched several sites and gathered feedback from users that have purchased and used the products on our list.
Overall Price Range of These Bikes
This type of product ranges in price from $30 to $120. Higher-priced models are often name-brands and come with different features meant to improve performance or safety.
Product Buyer’s Guide: How to Choose the Best Toddler Bike
When looking for a toddler bike, you’ll want to take into account:
- The weight and age of your child
- Your child’s mobility level
- Where your child will use their new bike
- Safety features
You can find a bike in a range of different price points, and various colors are also available.
Three Best Toddler Bikes Reviews
Bikes suitable for toddlers come in a few different designs. Our list includes the top three options that are all loaded with features.
1. Radio Flyer Red Rider Trike
- CLASSIC RIDE: This tricycle is great for beginner riders It offers convenience, comfort, and fun! The quiet ride tires…
- FUN FOR KIDS: The Red Rider Trike has a covered storage bin so kids can bring their favorite treasures along for every…
- CONVENIENT FOR PARENTS: With an adult hand grip on the seat back, the Red Rider Trike can easily be transported
This classic trike has an adjustable seat to extend its useful life and a storage compartment. There are also special tires for a quiet ride and a handgrip on the seat for adults.
Pros and Cons
This bike has the familiar look of Radio Flyer products, but there are some critical differences between this product and competitor products.
- Two color options: red and pink
- Adjustable seat
- Solid steel frame
- Weight limit of 49 pounds
- Available exclusively on Amazon
- Less stability than other trikes
- Tires are made from plastic and not real rubber
2. Pewi Walking Ride-on Toy
- TERRIFIC RIDE-ON: The Pewi is YBIKE’s enhanced educational and developmental ride on “walking buddy” push toy for…
- FUNCTION: For riding, pushing, sitting, and supported walking; this versatile design accommodates your child’s…
- CREATIVE: Award-winning design helps toddlers develop important motor and cognitive skills such as balance,…
This lightweight bike features an award-winning design that allows it to move in any direction which better supports your child’s development as they learn to move around.
Pros and Cons
This bike has many features like a round handlebar design and 360-degree wheels, but there are drawbacks to consider.
- Comes in three colors: Blue, pink, and red
- Non-marking rubber wheels safe for all indoor surfaces
- Extra clearance for leg movement
- Light aluminum frame
- Allows children to fall forward over the handlebars when they hit the edge of a rug
- Screw cover pops off
- Moves too quickly on smooth surfaces for younger children
3. Bixe Aluminum Balance Bike
- NEW 2022 MODEL – The Extreme Light Weight Balance Bike weighs in at just 4 lbs. The all-aluminum frame and foam tires…
- BALANCE BIKE DIMENSIONS – The seat adjusts as low as 11″ from the ground all the way to 17″ tall. The handle bars will…
- WARRANTY – If you are at all not satisfied with the bike, or even the results, please let us know. We will 100% buy back…
This bike is simple in its design so that toddlers can easily transition to a bike with training wheels.
Pros and Cons
This bike is a good value for the money, but some of the design differs from the competition.
- Four color options available
- Seat adjusts low for smaller kids
- Weighs just four pounds
- Arrives partially assembled
- Not appropriate for children over three despite the description
- Frame not as durable as other brands
- Parents find this model to be less safe than competitor products
A toddler bike is different than other sized bikes, and there are a few good places to look when you want to purchase one.
1. What is a toddler bike?
2. Where can you buy this type of bike?
The Verdict: Final Review of the Best Toddler Bikes
Despite some changes to the materials used in the design, the Radio Flyer Red Rider Trike is our first choice due to its durability, and safety when used by small children.
Unlike the other bikes, this trike is balanced to prevent your child from falling over, and it features pedals to prepare them for a traditional bike with training wheels better.