A toddler bike is an excellent option when your child is not yet ready for a bike with training wheels. Our list of recommended products features bikes that are the proper size and safe for young children to use.
Here’s a comparison of how each of the bikes on our list measures up.
Radio Flyer Red Rider Trike
Handlebar grips offer better comfort when riding, and quiet tires create a smooth ride. Perfect for children ages 2.5 to 5 years old.
Pewi Walking Ride-on Toy
Multi-directional wheels allow this bike to go in any direction, and there are several points for a child to hold on to support their stage of development.
Bixe Aluminum Balance Bike
This bike is highly adjustable to grow with your child, and features handlebar grips and foam tires.
A toddler bike is different than other sized bikes, and there are a few good places to look when you want to purchase one.
1. What is a toddler bike?
Toddler bikes come in smaller sizes than other kids bikes with wheels that are 12 inches to 16 inches in diameter. Balance bikes are the purest form of bike and don’t have any pedals or chain.
2. Where can you buy this type of bike?
This type of product can be purchased online at Amazon, or stores like REI, Walmart, and local bike shops.
How We Reviewed
To find the best toddler-sized bikes available, we searched several sites and gathered feedback from users that have purchased and used the products on our list.
Overall Price Range of These Bikes
This type of product ranges in price from $30 to $120. Higher priced models are often name-brands and come with different features meant to improve performance or safety.
Product Buyer's Guide: How to Choose the Best Toddler Bike
When looking for a toddler bike, you'll want to take into account:
You can find a bike in a range of different price points, and various colors are also available.
The Top Three Products
Bikes suitable for toddlers come in a few different designs. Our list includes the top three options that are all loaded with features.
- CLASSIC RIDE: This tricycle is great for beginner riders It offers convenience, comfort, and fun! The quiet ride tires...
- FUN FOR KIDS: The Red Rider Trike has a covered storage bin so kids can bring their favorite treasures along for every...
- CONVENIENT FOR PARENTS: With an adult hand grip on the seat back, the Red Rider Trike can easily be transported
This classic trike has an adjustable seat to extend its useful life and a storage compartment. There are also special tires for a quiet ride and a handgrip on the seat for adults.
Pros and Cons
This bike has the familiar look of Radio Flyer products, but there are some critical differences between this product and competitor products.
- TERRIFIC RIDE-ON: The Pewi is YBIKE's enhanced educational and developmental ride on “walking buddy” push toy for...
- FUNCTION: For riding, pushing, sitting, and supported walking; this versatile design accommodates your child’s...
- CREATIVE: Award-winning design helps toddlers develop important motor and cognitive skills such as balance,...
This lightweight bike features an award-winning design that allows it to move in any direction which better supports your child’s development as they learn to move around.
Pros and Cons
This bike has many features like a round handlebar design and 360-degree wheels, but there are drawbacks to consider.
- NEW 2018 MODEL - The Extreme Light Weight Balance Bike weighs in at just 4 lbs. The all-aluminum frame and foam tires...
- BALANCE BIKE DIMENSIONS - The seat adjusts as low as 11" from the ground all the way to 17" tall. The handle bars will...
- WARRANTY - If you are at all not satisfied with the bike, or even the results, please let us know. We will 100% buy back...
This bike is simple in its design so that toddlers can easily transition to a bike with training wheels.
Pros and Cons
This bike is a good value for the money, but some of the design differs from the competition.
The Verdict: Final Review of the Best Toddler Bikes
Despite some changes to the materials used in the design, the Radio Flyer Red Rider Trike is our first choice due to its durability, and safety when used by small children.
Unlike the other bikes, this trike is balanced to prevent your child from falling over, and it features pedals to prepare them for a traditional bike with training wheels better.
Featured image source: Pexels
Last update on 2021-04-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API