Due to economic and other social needs, most people in the current society are hardly at home and this means that preparing meals becomes an uphill task especially when you have to stick around and monitor the cooking. Slow cookers comes in handy to help in such situations whereby you can prepare your meal and leave it cooking as you go about your daily chores. Below is a list of 5 best slow cookers in the market.
5. Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S Cook & Carry Slow Cooker
This cooker has a 6 quart capacity which makes it a perfect choice for a large family of about seven people. It comes with a digital display timer that can be set anywhere between thirty minutes and twenty four hours. The cooker automatically switches to warm only mode after the cooking is complete. The cooking temperatures can be adjusted to the three standard modes, high low and warm. Another key feature is that this cooker is very portable and its inner oval stone wear is removable and can be used as a serving dish.
It is a portable dish which is very user friendly. Its ability to be used as a serving dish makes it an all-round cooker.
The timer cannot be programmed. It only counts down the time you set at the onset of cooking. Cooking cannot be delayed.
4. Waring Pro WSC650 6-1/2 Quart Slow Cooker
This a flexible and programmable cooker which has three temperature settings high, warm and low. Its cooking timer runs for between two to twelve hours on any of the temperature settings. It boasts of a warm mode which automatically starts after the cooking is complete keeping the food in good temperature for serving.
This cooker does not have an LED panel but instead has old rotary selector switches that are uses to set the time and cooking temperature. When the cooking is complete, you will be notified via an LED indicator.
It is a very user friendly cooker which carries out its tasks perfectly. It is a basic appliance
- The timer lacks visual display meaning you have to note the starting time any use other external methods to determine the stop time.
- The low temperature setting is higher than it is in other cookers. This means that the food can easily overcook when using this setting.
3. Crock-Pot SCVT650-PS Touchscreen Slow Cooker
This is cooker is a versatile programmable cooker with touch screen control for easy programming. From the control panel, you can set the cooking time and temperature. The cooking time can be anywhere between 30 minutes and 20 hours whereby the temperature comes in three modes, low warm and high.
- This cooker has an automatic warm mode which lasts for six hours after cooking is complet
- It has a large cooking capacity which can serve nine to ten people
- It doesn’t have programmable cooking times because it lacks a delay clock.
- It is not portable.
2. Cuisinart PSC-350 Programmable Slow Cooker
This is a programmable slow cooker designed for a single person or a family of two. It is intended for home use and therefore it is not portable. This cooker has no delay clock but just a timer display in its front panel. From the panel, you can adjust the time and cooking temperatures to four modes, warm, simmer, low and high. The cooker also boosts of a warm mode which automatically starts when the cooking is complete.
It has a practical size for a small family or a single person.
The cooker doesn’t come with a chart of cooking suggestion and therefore attracts a lot of guesswork. This means that food can easily overcook or under cook.
1. Cuisinart MSC600 Cook Central 6-Quart Slow Cooker
This is a flexible 3-in-1 multi-cooker that is perfect for a one-pot meal. It can steam, brown and sauté and slow cook, all in the same pot. This cooker comes with a glass lid enabling g you to check the meal without tampering with the cooking process. Further still, it has programmable cooking functions which are easily accessed via its wide LCD display panel. Through this panel, you can also adjust the temperature and time.
- The 3-in-1 multi-cooking functionality is a stand out from other slow cookers. This flexibility can’t be matched by most of its competitors.
- This cooker has an auto warm mode which is automatically activated when the cooking is complete. This helps to keep the food warm for utmost eight hours after which completely shutting down.
- There is no delay timer in this cooker which means the cooking cannot be postponed to a pre-defined time later.
From the above list, it is evident that there are different types of slow cookers in the market to suit everyone’s needs. They are also variant in cost and so you can settle on the one that best suites you depending on factors such as family size, design and portability.